Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Your favourite ever British Animated Character

This is quite a challenge. British Animation Awards are inviting nominations on the above topic.
I made my own shortlist and realised that it included many characters invented by Oliver Postgate including Jones the Steam from Ivor the Engine, Bagpuss and Noggin the Nog.  The Sagas of Noggin the Nog, are perhaps less well-known of his creations but totally engrossing, with fantastic baddies, (Noggin's black-hearted Uncle Nogbad the Bad) and properly gripping sticky situations for Noggin, who is wise and trustworthy but innocent too.  You can buy the DVD here.


But in the end, I chose Nanny Plum from Ben and Holly. Oliver Postgate would win all five top slots for me if it were favourite series, but for favourite characters, faulty, irreverent, bossy Nanny Plum, voiced by Sarah Ann Kennedy is my role model at the moment, and she needs to be on that list.

Who are you going to chose?

( I forgot to add that you can see everyone's nominations here)

No comments: