Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rabbit
In the afternoon, Run Wrake and Dick Arnall sat side by side to talk about Rabbit in the context of Run's other work. It served as a bit of a retrospective and an insight into the run up to making Rabbit, an animate! film that has been doing really well at festivals around the world. It was great to see where it came from and hear Run talk about what it was, it certainly brought it together for me. For some reason I didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else at the beginning, I think I thought it was a bit smooth compared to his other work, but actually it's beautifully crafted in every way and it's been getting better every time I watch it. Run Wrake was modest and frank: when Dick asked him about retaining the use of the words under the stickers he said "there was no great idea behind it, I just thought it looked nice".
The film definately deserves all those prizes.

No comments: