Monday, July 13, 2009

Family life and work

I've been lucky enough to have had a few residencies before but never with a family. I would argue that it's more productive to have the whole family here than not, because pining and moping takes up a whole lot of time. We usually use the day for exploring and then it's bed at 6.30 (we have to work hard to block out the balmy evening and the sound of Austrian children having fun outside) a large coffee and we get on with some work at either end of the very long studio. Last night I managed to animate ten whole seconds, they were slightly sloppy whole seconds but if it moves I'm counting it. I hav'nt exactly nailed down an idea yet, so my tactic is to keep my squirrel hair brush busy and something will come along. Anyone else employ this method?


4 comments:

Hazel Terry said...

Is it a fox Lizzy, is it searching for chickens?

Lizzy Hobbs said...

cheese

Samantha Moore said...

I definitely employ the "mess around for a bit, noodling with drawing stuff until it turns into something" method. Your work is looking lovely!

Lizzy Hobbs said...

thanks sam, that's all the encouragement I need!